Garlia Cornelia Jones' SHOPPIN' FOR N.I.G.G.A.S 3/9 (NYC) — Garlia Cornelia Jones , the cell — AAPEX

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Garlia Cornelia Jones' SHOPPIN' FOR N.I.G.G.A.S 3/9 (NYC)

The time has finally come for "Shoppin' for N.I.G.G.A.S". ... I'm not really sure what more I can say... I hope this piece appeals to a variety of people and I hope to see you on the 9th! I definitely recommend an RSVP :)
The information is below!
See you there!
xo
Garlia :)

Monday March 9th, 2009 7:30pm
the cell
338 W. 23rd St. ( b/t 8th and 9th Ave)
Donations Greatly Appreciated
"Shoppin' for N.I.G.G.A.S"
by Garlia Cornelia Jones
featuring...
"Shoppin' for N.I.G.G.A.S." and "Gettin' my own Obama"
~because finding a decent black man is really really hard.

Shoppin' for N.I.G.G.A.S
Guinivere answers an ad in Essence for what she believes to be Ms. Yasha’s dating service and finds “Shoppin' for N.I.G.G.A.S” a dating service insisting that every black woman needs a N.I.G.G.A.
Directed by Sarah Bellin with
LaChrisha Brown as PEDDIT
Ocarra Cash as GUINIVERE
Kiel Perry as KHADAR
Alysia Joy Powell as MS. YASHA

"Gettin' my own Obama"
Corali, distraught over her stolen cell phone and recent virtual break-up, swears off technology and decides that if she is to get the Obama she wants he can only be found in the 90s-- when the President and First Lady actually met-- and before technology ruined our one-on-on interactions.
Directed by Barrett Hileman
cast - TBA
Corali - a black female in her mid to late twenties
Serita - a black female in her early fourties
Diana - a white female in her early twenties with a british accent
Damien - a white female in his early thirties

A 20 minute talk back will follow this reading!
R.S.V.P. STRONGLY recommended. Call: 646. 861. 2253 Facebook or by email: blackboardreadingseries@gmail.com
http://www.blackboardplays.com/.


Really looking forward to seeing everyone!
Garlia Cornelia Jones
Masters of Fine Arts Candidate - Playwriting
The New School for DramaMasters Candidate
African American and African Diaspora Studies - Indiana University
Founder and Artistic Director - Black Curtain - Indiana Univeristy
Founder - Blackboard Reading Series @thecell

To learn more about the cell theatre, please click post title.

No comments:

Post a Comment