Keep Believing from Playwright REGINALD EDMUND — Reginald Edmund — AAPEX

Monday, March 9, 2009

Keep Believing from Playwright REGINALD EDMUND

To my friends and my family,

Thank you for supporting me and believing in me...

I have a story to tell you! Yesterday, I'm laying in my bed, staring up at my ceiling fan going round and round, and I'm contemplating that maybe this playwriting thing isn't for me anymore. That I'm foolish for pursuing this career I've chosen. Thinking to myself, what sense does it make for me to continue chasing my dreams, That I should just give up. About to finish grad school and not certain where I was suppose to go from there...I was feeling like I was experiencing the darkest moment of my life.

And that's when it happened...

Right when I was about to give up faith, that I've been put on this earth so that my voice and my stories could help change and impact my community for the better, I receive a personal phone call, from an angel, in the form of Gregg Henry, the Artistic Director of the Kennedy Center-American College Theatre Festival. And he tells me, that I've been selected as the runner-up for not just one NATIONAL AWARD... BUT TWO...

That's right Reginald Edmund has been named runner-up for both the Lorraine Hansberry Playwriting Award and The Rosa Parks Playwright Award, for my newest play 'SOUTH BRIDGE'. The two awards are given for the best KC/ACTF student-written plays of the subject of the African-American experience.

This play is currently in its third major draft, and I can promise that it's going to ignite a fire in the souls of audiences when they see my thesis production of it, during the Seabury Quinn Jr. Playwrights' Festival at Ohio University. May 20-23, 2009 (Check it out: http://www.ohioplaywriting.org/ ) I gotta tell you, on top of that, OU's School of Theatre has sent me, a 2nd Year MFA director who is great. Vanessa Mercado Taylor is her name and she is going to create magic with this script. On top of that I've recently been accepted into the Prague Summer Writers Program. I'll tell you more about that some other time. In the mean time check out my website ( http://www.reginald edmund.com ) and just remember next time you are about to give up, and let go of your dreams, never let go of your faith cause that's exactly the time a blessing is going to come your way...

Keep Believing,
Reginald Edmund
Proud Playwright
http://www.reginaldedmund.com/

Congratulations, Edmund! That's great news! You have been blessed, that's for sure. Readers can follow Edmund's milestones as a playwright by clicking his name below.

No comments:

Post a Comment