University of the Arts New Play Festival
Deadline: Nov. 9th
The New Play Festival at the University of the Arts intends to cultivate artists through developing their plays and musicals. It also provides an invaluable opportunity for our students to work with professionals in new play development. This January, we will develop 1 new full-length play and 1 new musical at the University.
Selected pieces will be given rehearsal time in our studio spaces as well as two staged readings in the 230-seat Arts Bank Theater at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. The New Play Festival will be held between January 21st-February 3rd, 2013 at University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
We will provide:
- Travel and Housing (as required)
- Modest per diem
- Rehearsal Time and Performance Space
- Actors / Directors / Music Directors
- Public Staged Reading
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
FOR A PLAY and MUSICAL:
1) A brief synopsis of the show including time period and number of scene locations.
2) A character breakdown including: age, sex, and a short description of each character.
3) Development goals for the project.
4) A developmental history of the play, no submission should have received a full production.
FOR A MUSICAL (we welcome large casts) we will also need:
5) CD or mp3 files of three songs along with sheet music (lead sheets are acceptable)
*Please send all files in PDF format. For more information contact: newplayfestival@UARTS.edu
To discover more opportunities, please click here.
A "Tip o' the backward Kangol" to Aurin Squire for this information.