Call for submissions:
2nd Annual New Work Playwriting Festival at
Framingham State University
This year's theme: Peace and Conflict
Framingham State University and Theater906 are proud to announce a call for submissions for our 2nd annual New Works Festival to take place April 1st and 2nd of 2013. We are seeking innovative and exciting short works that explore the universal binary of peace and conflict.
- All submissions must be received no later than February 10, 2013
- A completed submission form must accompany all submissions. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Scripts and supporting materials must be submitted digitally in a .doc, .docx, or .pdf format
- We cannot accept scripts that have been previously published or performed for a royalty. Previous readings or workshops are allowed.
- Submitted scripts should have a running time between 5-45 minutes.
The competition will be juried by a panel of nationally recognized educators, writers, directors and theater makers. Winners will be given a staged reading by students of their piece as part of the 2nd annual New Works Festival on April 1-2, 2013, as well as an award plaque to commemorate the occasion.
This festival is part of the FSU Arts & Ideas series dedicated to bringing lectures, performances, exhibitions, and films on campus. This year’s theme, Peace and Conflict, offers a big-picture examination of the shared causes of conflict. Several of the events are aimed at making participants better-informed historians of the recent past. Others will show the audience how to theorize “peace,” not as the simple absence of war, but as an active doing in the world. The series highlights activism. Scriptwriting is surely a form of activism.
To request a submission form or for any questions, please email Dr. Sarah Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your script!