The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is currently accepting submissions for its 12th annual season to be held at HERE (www.here.org) in SoHo, New York City, March 31-April 19, 2014. DUTF, produced by Creative Ammo Inc., was founded in 2001 with the purpose to build a repertoire of new American theatre that echoes the true spirit of urban life and speaks to a whole new generation whose lives defy categorizing along conventional lines.
For 2014, DUTF will accept 15 theatrical works comprised of full-length productions (60-90 minutes) and shorts (under 45 minutes). Each work is performed only once during the festival. Three of the outstanding works produced during the festival will receive $1,000 awards in the categories of Best Play, Best Short and Audience. There is no submission or participation fee and each playwright will receive a monetary production stipend at the start of the festival to defray some of the production costs.
To submit for DUTF 2014, please forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) Playwright’s bio with contact info - name, address, phone # and email
(2) Photo of playwright
(3) Synopsis of theatrical work
(4) Complete script of theatrical work
(5) Estimated running time of work
(6) Actor/director/crew bios, if available
(7) Description of stage set (if any) and production needs (i.e. sound and lighting)
Submission deadline is 10/25, 2013.