|2014 Fade to Black Play Festival participants|
Script submissions will be accepted from Sunday, February 1, 2015
until Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
The theme and subject matters of the work is open to the playwright's imagination.
Local Houston directors and actors are encouraged to participate.
Selected playwrights will be contacted no later than Friday, May 1, 2015.
There is no fee to submit.
Winner will be awarded a cash prize of $100.00.
To qualify for consideration,
the scripts must conform to the following guidelines:
- Must be an original, unpublished work written by an African American playwright.
- Must be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Should accommodate a “bare-stage” set requiring only a minimum of removable stage props and require basic lighting and sound cues.
- Complete the script submissions form. See www.FadeToBlackFest.com
- Email pdf of original work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email header should read: Submission: Fade to Black. Include your name and the name of the play.
On the front page of your script include your name, contact information, title of the play as well as any character descriptions.
Only three (3) scripts are allowed per playwright.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Building on the growing success and popularity of our previous years, WMGE, LLC presents its third season of “Fade To Black”, Houston's only short play festival celebrating the new works of African American playwrights.