Seeking women of color writers for feminist web series — AAPEX

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Seeking women of color writers for feminist web series

I'm developing a comedic web series about an up and coming feminist group in New York. The web series is a narrative about the formation of this group, and the struggles to make it racially, sexually, and economically diverse. The film has three main characters, two of whom are women of color.

The project is highly ambitious. It's got the raciness of shows like Sex in the City, but it really aims to show the side of women that we don't often talk about: the fact that they are powerful beings that can change the world. In doing this, I want to explore what it means to be a woman, and to do this I feel that it is necessary to have a diverse group of women on the writing crew.

More about the creator: I have just released my web series, and have written and directed 5 films before that. I am a feminist who is really interested in gender, race, and class. I'm also an aspiring history buff (well, someday), comedy writer, and social media guru.

This show is very important to me as not only do I want to change the way that women are represented in media, I also wish to really hone in on what a better world would look like for all women. I'm looking for writers who want to do the same.

Plus if you are also an actress.

Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis. Please only apply if you have read this posting. Generic cover letters will not be read. Apply to
Alexandra.

Please click the post's title and sign up for Mandy.com to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment